"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

"Greket" antik ?

Ky është forumi ku mund të diskutoni per historinë e gjithë kontinteve, racave që kanë jetuar në to, luftrat, dinastitë, pushtimet, perandorite, organizimet sociale politike etj.
Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

"Greket" antik ?

Post by Arbëri » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Thuan qe eshte gjetur ne Avganistan , i takon ne shekullit 3 para eres sone ne gjuhen greke eshte e shkruar !
Sa eshte e vertete e din kush ?

Filippo Canali de Rossi, Iscrizioni dello estremo oriente greco, Bonn, 2004, 269-270.
de-rossi1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Nëse doni të zbuloni historinë para Krishtit dhe
shkencat e asaj kohe, duhet të studioni gjuhën shqipe !"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz - albanolog, matematicient, filozof gjerman

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Re: "Greket" antik ?

Post by Arbëri » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Dhe cili eshte shkrimi me i vjeter ne gjuhen e lashte greke ?
Falemnderit .

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Re: "Greket" antik ?

Post by Arbëri » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Arbëri wrote:Thuan qe eshte gjetur ne Avganistan , i takon ne shekullit 3 para eres sone ne gjuhen greke eshte e shkruar !
Sa eshte e vertete e din kush ?

Filippo Canali de Rossi, Iscrizioni dello estremo oriente greco, Bonn, 2004, 269-270.
de-rossi1.jpg
Me duket qe kjo faqe ka lidhje me kete autor dhe nese ka mundesi dikush qe e kupton me mire gjuhen angleze ta beje nje perkthim te shkurter sepse dyshoj qe i takon asaj kohe qe thot autori :
The transcriptions are presented in a font sufficiently large to be easily scanned. Underdots were not used by the publisher, and very occasionally the placement of square brackets is questionable; the clarity of the illustrations, though, allows us to form our own opinion on the accuracy and reliability of the readings. There is, for example, what appears to be an alphabet of Greek letters on bricks from the fortification wall at Samarkand, represented in the transcription as a regular sequential ordering of the characters, though the illustration indicates that additional characters were included and that some of the Greek letters were in fact transposed (no. 389; cf. no. 275). In most cases, however, objections to the readings are a question of aesthetics, and at no time are the transcriptions or the placement of brackets and the supplements a cause for significant concern.

Italian translations of the Greek text are sporadically provided. Neither those texts whose Greek is particularly difficult and elaborate nor those texts of apparent historical importance and interest are consistently translated. Such texts are occasionally translated, but not regularly. On the other hand, some texts whose Greek is clear and straightforward are translated for no apparent reason.

Non-Hellenic inscriptions, when presented, are often translated. These non-Hellenic inscriptions, however, present an inconsistency. In a survey of inscriptions from the far Greek East, it is natural that many non-Greek texts should appear. Thus, it is no surprise that De Rossi should present several texts from Babylon and Bactria written in the indigenous languages with the Greek alphabet (cat. nos. 117-125, 314-320). On the other hand, it is surprising that Greek texts are undeniably emphasized at the expense of the second language in bilingual inscriptions. In some cases, this is a minor inconvenience, as in the case of a bilingual Greek and Hebrew inscription: the Greek presents a simple funerary inscription listing several names; the Hebrew, however, is not transcribed and it is not clear if it included anything beyond the names of the deceased individuals (no. 26). Similarly, a mosaic from Mas'udije in Mesopotamia includes the signature of the workman in Greek, below which are two lines in Syriac letters mentioned in the lemma to the inscription, but not transcribed, transliterated, translated or otherwise treated; one might assume that the Syriac is simply a translation of the Greek signature, but this is not made clear (no. 32; cf. no. 25). Furthermore, only the Greek inscription on an altar containing both a Greek text and an Assyrian text is presented (no. 65). De Rossi comments that the Assyrian inscription is a dedication by Salmanassar III to the Seven Gods, but no transcription, transliteration or translation is provided. This absence is particularly notable in light of De Rossi's hope, expressed in the Introduction, that this catalogue will serve as an introduction to "the history of Hellenism in these most distant places, whether through its colonies or through its cultural influence" (p. xvi): cultural influence is to be observed both in the presence of Greek texts and in the persistence of local texts and reuse of older stones... Vazhdon -> http://bmcr.brynmawr.edu/2005/2005-10-13.html

Return to “Histori e përgjithshme botërore”