"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Sarissa and dory

Talk about the languages.
Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Sarissa and dory

Post by Zeus10 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Ne videon tende ke folur per SARISSA-n e famshme maqedonase. Pse quhej keshtu? Mjafton te shohesh falangen maqedonase dhe kuptimi i saj eshte lehtesisht i arritshem.

"""Greek""": σάρισα ishte 4 deri ne 7 meter
Pra ajo ishte shume e gjate. Pse ishte e tille?
Qellimi ishte qe rradhet e ushtareve maqedonas te ngeleshin te PAARRITSHME prej armikut:
Pra rrenjen e kesaj fjale e perben follja shqip ARRIJ

Sarisa do te thote thjeshte te mos arrish dhe per kete arsye quhej e tille, qe te mos lejonte armikun te arrinte rradhet e ushtrise maqedonase(shqiptare).
Sarissa was a 4-7 m long pike introduced from Philip II the Macedon for the forward ranks of Macedonian army. It was a development of dory( δόρυ) , a one-handed spear :

Image Image

the possible etymology of it is either albanian word dorë which means hand:

or the other albanian word dru which means wood or tree:

Sarissa is a long version of dory. Its main function was not only to hit the enemy but not to allow them to reach Macedonian ranks.

It's is very probable and makes a complete sense in Albanian language that the word derives from the Albanian verb arrij which means to to reach.

We have to do with a compound word where:
s'---> is a privative preposition and is a short form for nuk which means not or un.
arrish--> is the the verb arrij in one of its inflected forms

The meaning of the word is: the UNREACHABLE, which takes the meaning from the excessive length of this particular pike, which has been used as an ostacle to hold back the enemy in order they never reach and thus not harming the forward ranks of these Albanian army formations.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Re: Sarissa and dory

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Shkrimin tashmë është i botuar në web:

http://www.albpelasgian.com/uncategoriz ... -dory.html
Së shpejti do të bëj dhe një video me po të njejtin material...

P.S: Zeus a të vë emrin tënd si autor i punimit?
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Re: Sarissa and dory

Post by ALBPelasgian » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Video tashmë është postuar në youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXmUAWnws4

Sa keq që s'arrita ta vë edhe këtë citat të William Smith-it...por nejse

Thus, the sarissa was the spear peculiar to the Macedonians. This was used both to throw and as a pike. It exceeded in length all other missiles.—The Thracian romphea, which had a very long point, like the blade of a sword, was probably not unlike the sarissa.—With these weapons we may alao class the Illyrian sibina, which resembled a hunting-pole.

http://books.google.com/books?pg=PA201& ... utput=text
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

Return to “Language”