"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

IE languages tree

Talk about the languages.
Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

IE languages tree

Post by Zeus10 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 pm

I believe most of the IE languages were initiated in a religious "soil" and they are just cultivated languages. Albanian and the paleo-Germanic are the only exception to this rule:
IE language tree.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Rina
Honored Member
Honored Member

Re: IE languages tree

Post by Rina » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Tema po duket interesante, ama do te ishte mire ta elaborosh me gjate se pse beson se disa nga gjuhe jane kultivuar nga fete, apo kane origjine fetare dhe tjerat jane gjuhe etnike apo gjuhe te folura qe ne gjeneze.

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Rina wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:06 pm
Tema po duket interesante, ama do te ishte mire ta elaborosh me gjate se pse beson se disa nga gjuhe jane kultivuar nga fete, apo kane origjine fetare dhe tjerat jane gjuhe etnike apo gjuhe te folura qe ne gjeneze.
Kete bindje e kam, pas studimit me vemendje te historise se Europes. 'Nacionalizimi i historise', ne fakt eshte nje koncept i gabuar, sepse ai i jep kredit te pamerituar, disa kombeve, qe nuk kane histori etnike, ose te pakten i barazon ata ne te njejten status, me ata qe e kane, sic jane shqiptaret. Per kete arsye, une i ndava "racat", ne 'raca' te dala prej gjirit te cultures(fese) dhe raca qe kane demonstruar nje karrakter tribal. Mendoj se diagram e mesiperme, eshte me afer realitetit, krahasuar me ato te deritashmet.

IllyrianLegend

Post by IllyrianLegend » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Zeus10 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 pm
I believe most of the IE languages were initiated in a religious "soil" and they are just cultivated languages. Albanian and the paleo-Germanic are the only exception to this rule:
IE language tree.jpg
So if I'm reading this right, Albanian seems to derive from Arberor+Eastern Church?

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:14 pm

IllyrianLegend wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:31 pm
Zeus10 wrote:
IE language tree.jpg
So if I'm reading this right, Albanian seems to derive from Arberor+Eastern Church?
No, the origin is definitely Arberor, but the lexicon is enriched by borrowing terms from Latin and Byzantine Church language, terms which in most part were originally Arberor.

KAONIAN

Post by KAONIAN » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Zeus10 wrote:
IE language tree.jpg

You can link this idea with words that in antiquity were used for ''religious'' and cultural beliefs and are still preserved today. For example i see that languages that you have classified as ethnic soil are using week-day words of pagan origin. While the religious soil languages show influence from Christianity and all words are dedicated there.
For reference, in ancient Greece the week days were called just like the Albanian ones today.

Return to “Language”