"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

A new Albanian movie

Talk about anything that is entertaining like Movies, Music, Art etc.
Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

A new Albanian movie

Post by Arta » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:31 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286784/
Dossier K. ( Dosja e Kanunit)

Vincke and Verstuyft are detectives of the Antwerp police department. This time they have to deal with the Albanian mob and some problems in their own police division.

This is a movie about two Albanian family's from North-Albania ( Shkoder) being in blood with each other. This story is played part in Albania and part in Belgium. The movie is actually an adaption of a book written by a Belgian writer.
It's been in production for almost 5 years now and got a green light to start filming in january 2009.
The film will be released in theaters by October 2009 here in Belgium. But will have an international distribution for American and foreign cinema's in the beginning of january 2010.

The leading actor will be Blerim Destani he will be playing one of the Shehu family who will be coming to Belgium to take revenge on the Gaba family, but during he's stay he also falls in love with a Belgian girl who happens to be the head prosecutor's daughter.
This is the same actor that also played in Time of the Comet.

I got a chance to be at two different sets watching it being filmed because of a friend of mine and i can say it will be a very good film.

The teaser trailer on youtube :

Beneath are some set pictures that they took during filming.

The Shehu Kulla in North Albania scene.

Animal instructor making the wolf ready for the scene.

Nazim (Blerim Destani) with his younger brother (Viljdan Sulimani-Mahmti) in North Albania scene.

Jehon Gorani practicing his for his shooting scene.

Some more set pics:

Execution Albanian style scene.

Nazim running through the woods with his weapon looking for the wolf that killed his sheep.

assassination scene in Anvers (Belgium).

The P.O.S.A., the Belgian tactic team gets ready for the scene.

Getting ready for the Albanian wedding scene - with the little boy called Ethan while drinking raki. Actually it was water with salt so he can have a bitter look on his face while drinking it.

The observation team sets shop across the building where the family Shehu are staying.

The Belgian detectives that are on the Albanian case.

Jehon Gorani plays the bouncer at the Albanian club.

At the house of the Shehu clan.

The director (Jan Verheyen) giving some instructions
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

prosincerity

Re: A new Albanian movie

Post by prosincerity » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

That's a good movie. Now I can understand that 5 years of filming made that quality.

ambok

Re: A new Albanian movie

Post by ambok » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:56 am

this is really one of the best movie. .

Return to “Entertainment”