"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Sport and humor

Talk about sport.
Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Sport and humor

Post by Zeus10 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

The Albanian fans do not lack any sense of humour. They were looking to make fun of Portugal, who are in danger of missing out on the place in South Africa, and their ‘best’ player Cristiano Ronaldo by lifting the banner which portrayed the pretty boy of Manchester United as Miss World for the year 2010. Portugal somehow managed to win the game, thanks to injury time winner by Bruno Alves, and they thus kept slim chances of reaching the World Cup but the game will definitely be remembered by the aforementioned event rather than by the quality of the teams’ performance.
Albanian fans found a great way to mock Cristiano Ronaldo, who is obviously more concerned with his looks and style of his haircut than with anything that happens on the football pitch. Referring to Ronaldo’s chances of winning the World Player of the Year award second time in a row, which are at best pretty slim after a wretched season, the fans erected the banner which made the whole footballing world laugh. And how Portugal’s rivals in the group would have laughed if only Bruno Alves hadn’t scored an injury time winner, without which Carlos Queiroz’s team would be out of the race for the place in South Africa.

The ‘incident’ only portrayed the true situation in Portuguese national team at the moment, which are largely struggling under Carlos Queiroz, and where a player like Cristiano Ronaldo is the first star of the team. I just wonder how he deserved such a status. The looks can get you anything these days, right?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Sports”