"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Come and visit Greece.

Talk about trips, tourism.
AnastasiaGR

Come and visit Greece.

Post by AnastasiaGR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:17 am

I invite all members of Arberiaonline to come and visit my beautiful country Greece.

Kalos orisate stin Ellada

elikranon
Honored Member
Honored Member

Re: Come and visit Greece.

Post by elikranon » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 am

AnastasiaGR wrote:I invite all members of Arberiaonline to come and visit my beautiful country Greece.

Well said Anastasia.

Sally
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by Sally » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:51 am

AnastasiaGR wrote:I invite all members of Arberiaonline to come and visit my beautiful country Greece.

Ευχάριστο πολύ Αναστασία.

Αλλα νομίζω πως εμείς δεν μπορούμε να "επισκεψουμε" την χωρα σου, επειδή δεν έχουμε 'ευρωπαϊκά διαβατήρια' , μήπως τώρα με την κρίζι σας δεν "κριαζουντε" τα 'ευρωπαϊκά διαβατήρια' ?! ;)

-waiting- Αφού μιλάμε και μιλάμε για BEATIFULL COUNTRY, έλα καλύτερα εσύ στη χωρα μας (με το καλο σου διαβατήριο).

Nuk jam vrasës, jam student shqipëtar, vrava një tradhtar të Atdheut tim.
(Avni Rustemi)

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Thank you Anastasia but this is not the way your country would pay the debts. Best thing to do is to work much harder and to leave aside the nationalism chauvinism and expansionism. You spend too much money and energy on those issues. Beside that your invitation came too late, winter is coming and your people don't look very hospitable, they look to busy with strikes and draining all the moneys out of those tourists who already adventured going there. So thank you.... another time... may be when you worked hard enough to pay out just 10 % of your debts.

φροντιστείτε
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

erix77
Star Member
Star Member

Post by erix77 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:19 pm

been there before and don't want to go back again.
Dhe e bëmë me besa besën ja të rrojmë ja të vdesëm!

Ishte thënë prej Zotit që të nderohen armët e Shqipërisë!

AnastasiaGR

Post by AnastasiaGR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Greece debt is a political issue. Somebody is working againsts us because our economy looks the same to that of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and may other. It's just a game played againsts us.

Mendi

Post by Mendi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 pm

AnastasiaGR wrote:Greece debt is a political issue. Somebody is working againsts us because our economy looks the same to that of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and may other. It's just a game played againsts us.
When would you stop blaming the others for mud you created yourselves and now got stucked in it?

AnastasiaGR

Post by AnastasiaGR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Wake up Europe, today is Greece, tomorrow is you.

k@strojan

Post by k@strojan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Well said Anastasia. They want to see us bent but we will prevail.

Hellassoldier

Post by Hellassoldier » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:59 pm

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- With all this talk of Greece going to Hades it's time to brush up on Greek mythology.

Here are some key characters, objects, places and events to keep in mind as Greece becomes history:

Prometheus -- Bound to a rock so an eagle can eat his liver. Every time his liver grows back, the eagle just eats it again.

Pandora's Jar -- Often mistranslated as box, but it's a jar, filled with assorted evils to be unleashed on the world, like credit default swaps, derivatives, and other exotic financial instruments that lure investors into believing that debt is an asset. Until it bankrupts them.

Greeks Clash over Austerity PlansGreece grinds to a halt as public sector workers go on strike for the second time in as many weeks over the government's planned austerity measures. Courtesy Reuters.
Trojan Horse -- Looks like a trophy, but letting it though the gate is like hiring Goldman Sachs Group Inc. /quotes/comstock/13*!gs/quotes/nls/gs (GS 147.28, +2.37, +1.64%) Greece hired the firm to help manage its mounting debt. Goldman then reportedly turned around and started selling credit default swaps so investors could bet against Greece's mounting debt. Goldman remains an enduring symbol of American capitalism, along with that eagle.

Hermes -- God of trade, commerce and riches. But also a trickster and patron of cunning thieves and liars. Prime Minister George Papandreou uses another word for the folks Hermes watches over: speculators. "Unprincipled speculators are making billions every day by betting on a Greek default," he complained yet again this week. A Greek leader, however, should not forget Hermes is also a messenger, reminding mere mortals that all is not right with the way they are running things.

Icarus -- His father fitted him wings and warned him not to crash into the sea. Papandreou's father, and grandfather, both prime ministers, shackled him with debt and forgot to mention the sea.

Cap of invisibility -- Mostly used by the gods to avoid detection during battles. Goldman Sachs, however, may have used it to hide Greece's massive debts. This is why mythology is such a wonderful tool for politicians. A nation runs up massive debts, hires Goldman to hide them under a cap of invisibility, and then blames Wall Street when its debt pile finally exceeds even the cap's magic powers.

Epimetheus -- Lesser-known god swiftly growing more prominent because he's the Titan father of excuses.

Medusa -- Just looking at little miss snakes-for-hair can turn any man to stone. Medusa -- whose name prophetically includes the letters U.S.A. -- is symbol of the things upon which you should never gaze, like any government's debt or accounting.

Cerberus -- A private equity firm that bought Chrysler and then went howling for a government bailout. It's also a three-headed hound that guards the gates of Hades. In mythology, as in business, things can have more than one head. Goldman, for instance, benefited from a temporary ban on short-selling stocks when the evil speculators were betting against investment banks in 2008. Now it's counted among the evil speculators who are simply betting on a Big, Fat, Greek Bankruptcy.

Heracles -- Performed many heroic feats, including the capture of the Cretan Bull. Apparently, cretins were recklessly running up markets in ancient Greece, too.

Oracle at Delphi -- Moved to Omaha, Neb. Now known as Warren Buffett. Owns about $5 billion worth of Goldman Sachs. He recently defended the firm for its role in Greece's debt crisis, cosmically divining that the firm is "a very, very strong well-run business and it's got a place in the universe." Exactly where in the universe, the Oracle of Omaha did not say. This does not rule out the center of our galaxy...which is a massive black hole.

Nike -- God of expensive athletic shoes made for just pennies in Asia. Get out your credit card and buy a pair so you can run from the rioting mobs. Just do it.

Ouroboros -- A serpent that eats its own tail. Like this: Greece uses credit default swaps to reduce its borrowing costs. This enables it to borrow even more. But more borrowing leads to a greater likelihood of default. Which leads to rising credit default swap costs. Which leads to higher borrowing costs. Which makes it even more likely that Greece will default. Which makes credit default swaps rise higher yet again.. Still hungry, Greece? Eat more tail.

Spartan -- What Greece is going to have to be for the next few millennia.

Atlas -- Shoulders the weight of this world like the rest of its taxpayers.

Sisyphus -- Cursed to spend eternity rolling a huge boulder up a hill, only to reach the top and watch it roll back down again. Wall Street is always cheering him on: Hey, you keep pushin', Sisy-baby. We'll take bets every which way as you roll. Hey, who knows? Maybe next time you can keep that boulder on the top of the hill.

Al Lewis writes Al's Emporium, a column, and Tell It To Al , a blog, which offer commentary and analysis on a wide range of business subjects through an unconventional perspective. This column originally appeared on Dow Jones Newswires.

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:09 pm

What do you mean, Greece has gone through this fall once before during Classical """Greece"""? Weren't you(the Greeks) the mastermind behind Trojan Horse? Now you become the victim all of a sudden?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

invictus

Post by invictus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:24 pm

AnastasiaGR wrote:Wake up Europe, today is Greece, tomorrow is you.

Well if I may add some to the "they are all out to get us video".

I feel a lot of the prove in it is a joke really and has nothing to do with Greece. First you can not compare one borrower with another based only on their current debt. If me and you would walk to a bank tomorrow and ask for money they will assign us different risk probabilities one thing that has a baring in this is our current dept however other factors are as if not much more important in this. Projected future income is something that out ways everything.

A little example. If i am an investment banker and make 250K a year and have a current debt of 1 million, while you are a cab driver who has a yearly income of 50k however without any debt. Then I would probably get a lower risk grading then you would meaning I would get money cheaper/easier then you because while i have high debt my income shows them that I can pay it back in the future regardless of it. However if you walk in there and hold the winning lottery ticket for this weeks lotto numbers then you will get cheaper money then I will.

The US has the dollar which is the world reserve currency meaning everyone has it in their banks and if it goes down so will everyone else go with them. Meaning that everyone trusts them in this regard they are the only nation in the world that can pull this off without much repercussions (and even they are getting scared now)

Japans (who by the way kicks Greece and albanians economies ass) debt is all internal. Meaning their society has the greatest savings rate per capita in the world. So they are not borrowing from other countries but from themselves. However recent estimates show that they are in big trouble as well.

So once you go over 70% of GDP in normal times you start becoming untrustworthy in the eyes of lender. However what this video doesnt show you is that the reason why these nations have such a high debt rates was because they had given out huge stimulus packages against the economic crisis. In other words they dont usually stay at such high debt rates but did it only in an emergency. Greece on the other hand has a history of high national debt which is a whole different story.

So the problem with Greece was not necessarily its current high debt or even its history of debt but its projected future economic performance. Meaning the lenders had no trust that Greece was going to get it together and pay them back as the debt got larger and larger. They felt that greece was becoming like a heroin addict the more money it got the more money its spend while going to die someday under its debt.

I totally give the banks who lend you guys all that money a partial fault as well, but the Greek government is just if not more responsible for this too.

Also if you want to be mad at banks be mad at the right banks mainly European banks (German and french banks) your primary lenders not American banks like jp morgan chase and goldman sachs they list in the video (they even helped you guys hide the numbers if anything they have been your friends in this -haha- )

Also that song is being over used man in everything -hahaha- I am just waiting to see it in a birth control ad and I will set my TV on fire i swear :twisted:
"If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill

erix77
Star Member
Star Member

Post by erix77 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am

oh poor greeks the evil capitalists have loaned you such much money over the years and now they want it back,how dare those basterds ask back their money,like it is their money anymore don't they know that greece gave democracy to the world?have they no shame?they must have known already than if you lend money to the greeks all you get back are fables about democracy.after all writing those fake stories is expensive especially if none buys them.
Dhe e bëmë me besa besën ja të rrojmë ja të vdesëm!

Ishte thënë prej Zotit që të nderohen armët e Shqipërisë!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:04 am

AnastasiaGR wrote:

I invite all members of Arberiaonline to come and visit my beautiful country Greece.
Once again Greece is becoming a failed state in all aspects because artificial creatures are always short-lived! Why would I visit Greece when actually it is dying each day?
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

AnastasiaGR

Post by AnastasiaGR » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:58 pm

ALBPelasgian wrote:
AnastasiaGR wrote:

Once again Greece is becoming a failed state in all aspects because artificial creatures are always short-lived! Why would I visit Greece when actually it is dying each day?
What do you mean by 'failed state'?

Return to “Travel/tourism”