"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Some of the most beautiful places of Albania

Talk about trips, tourism.
Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Some of the most beautiful places of Albania

Post by Zeus10 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 am

Llogara National Park
This park is located 40 km southeast of Vlora on the border between the Adriatic and Ionian seas. The park starts at 470 m above sea level and climbs to 2018 m. Close to the peak of Llogara Pass visitors may notice beautifully-shaped trees formed by air currents. Ask for the tree locally-known as “Pisha Flamur” (the Flag Pine) located by the road.
From the Llogara Pass one can clearly see the Ionian Sea three kilometers away, the steep rocky sides of Vetëtima (Lightning) Mountain and large parts of the Riviera. Running through the park is the national road, Vlora-Himara-Saranda.
However, it is recommended that eco-tourists should stop in the park and take one of the many foot paths to its interior. There is a very rich flora and fauna with 105 different kinds of birds and animals such as foxes, wild cats, deer, etc. The climate of the park is highly valued thanks to a virtuous combination of fresh mountain air and sea air. It is considered one of Albania’s most valuable tourist attractions and it offers possibilities of eco-tourism, air sports, hiking and picnics.
Palasë Beach
Palasë Village is the first village to the south of the Llogara Pass, on the side of Çika Mountain. A century-old plane tree can be found in the village center. The narrow stone roads lead to white houses with courtyards full of grapevines and flowers. The 1.5 kilometer long Palasë beach is part of this village. It serves as landing strip for practitioners of air sports that start their flight from Llogara Pass.
Dhërmi
Older inhabitants call this village Drimades which comes from the Greek Drymades (Oak Forest). The village was built in the seventh century on a number of hills. Dhërmi is a large and beautiful village with about 30 old churches picturesquely placed on the rough mountainside. A typical village of the Ionian coast, this is also one of its oldest settlements. Well-known for its lovely beaches, the Gjipe Beach is one of the finest, formed by a creak streaming down the mountain close to the national road.
Cave of the Pirates
The cave is located on the hill of St. Todhri’s Monastery in the village of Dhërmi. The name comes from the pirates that would use it as a base for themselves and their ships. Visiting it on calm seas is highly recommended as it offers wonderful views.
Ionian Beaches: Qeparo, Borsh, Lukovë and Kakome
Just south of Palermo Bay visitors can enjoy a breathtaking view of the green Qeparo valley, the beach, the new village of Qeparo, the field above it, the Karos castle and, further south, Kudha village. The name of Qeparo comes from qiparis (cypress tree). Known for its fine sand and shallow sea is Skalome Beach, in front of Qeparo village. The small bay contains the ancient pier, a stone bank, Frëngu (Frenchman) cave and the Great Nose. The national road goes through the olive groves to the village center. Above it visitors can stopover at the St. Mitri Monastery built in 1881 or the St. Mitri Church built in Byzantine style in 1760 with beautiful wooden icons.
About two kilometers from Qeparo is the village of Borsh that in ancient times was called Meandria. It has plenty of green fields, beaches and sea. The village is located on a narrow pit formed by the delta of the Borsh creak which comes out of a rock in the middle of the village. High above the village, Borsh castle (fourth century B.C.) is worth visiting. Take the road among the olive groves to get to the beach which is the longest beach in the region. The national road also passes by the Stenoi steps, a picturesque Borshi neighborhood.
Driving from Bunes through the orange groves, visitors arrive at Lukova commune. The dwellings here are connected with roads to great and isolated beaches as well as caves. Houses have large courtyards with pergolas and flowers. In the village center, the St. Thanas church is worth a visit. The name Lukova comes from the Albanian luk and the Slav suffix “ovo.”
From the Krekëza valley, get off the national road and drive towards Kakome on a narrow dirt road. Kakome is a picturesque bay with a monastery surrounded by high walls. In its center is St. Mary’s church in the form of a cross. With its fine sand and pebble beach, Kakome truly is a paradise worth visiting. From Kakome through the sea, you can get to the two wonderful Krorëz beaches. Clean sand, rocky coastlines and creeks make this an ideal resting place.
Ksamil Islands
These islands are located only 7.5 to 15 meters above sea level. To get there, take the Saranda-Ksamil road and then sail to the islands. They are small and rocky with typical Mediterranean vegetation. Ksamil village has long been an important center of family tourism. The economy of the village is highly dependent on summer tourism when hundreds of families rent apartments for their holidays.
Blue Eye
A “blue eye” is a karstic water source located 18 km from Saranda, recognized throughout Albania for its crystal blue waters. To find it, one must first locate a small road turning off of the national road that leads to Gjirokastra. Pass the Bistrica I hydro power station, turn left on the side road and, after about two kilometers, you will find the “blue eye” in the midst of green vegetation. . On average, six cubic meters of water pass through it daily.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

mckrock31

Re: Some of the most beautiful places of Albania

Post by mckrock31 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:38 am

miss Globe International contest to take place in Albania

The 2006 Miss Globe International will take place in the antique town of Butrint in southern Albanian on Oct. 1, with the crowning of a new beauty queen, local media reported on Saturday.

Some 40 girls from across the world will contest for the title. Miss Globe International, also known as Miss Globe, is a beauty pageant which is annually held in eastern Mediterranean region.

Much of the pageant's history and related information remain sketchy. No one can say for sure how many times the event has been held. And this has led to minimal publicity of the pageant, as well as the lack of interests by international pageant enthusiasts.

However, this is the third time that Albania is hosting the event on its soil. The last two were in 2004 and 2005 respectively.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:09 am

Now i wasn't the person making the statement that any of these places are the most beautiful in the world, therefore direct your ignorance toward them.
I was just stating these places are beautiful, now, you may not find Lake Komani Beautiful, good luck to you, been there seen it and i found it quite beautiful. Ive also been to Austria, beautiful, ive been to a lot of beautiful places, you cannot judge one over the other!

Stimper

Post by Stimper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am

Ionian Coast is another place to visit among different famous places in Albania. You can enjoy your swim along the Ionian and Adriatic coasts even though this adventure tourism is still in its nascent stage.

sean123

Post by sean123 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:45 am

Wow these pictures are lovely. This place is looking beautiful...

mandisclark

Post by mandisclark » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 am

I missed to see some of these places in Albania. Last month i was in Albania. I was there with my family to enjoy my holidays. Any way now i also know the some new tourist places in Albania, Whenever next time i will go for Albania. I will definitely go to see these places.

alonzamiller

Post by alonzamiller » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 am

Albania is a great place to visit and to enjoy its architecture and other amenities. There are a big list of attractions in Albania..which can't be end, some of these attractions are National Museum of History, Church of the Holy Evangelist, Clock Tower & Rozafa Castle.

Return to “Travel/tourism”