"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Albanian origin?

Talk about Albanian history.
Treeman

Albanian origin?

Post by Treeman » Thu May 20, 2010 1:28 am

Where Albanians come from and when is the first time we hear about them? This is a question very debatabable, but most of people agree that Albanians are Illyrians' descendent. The only thing is that we have few datas about em.

Patush
Grand Star Member
Grand Star Member

Re: Albanian origin?

Post by Patush » Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Treeman wrote:Where Albanians come from and when is the first time we hear about them? This is a question very debatabable, but most of people agree that Albanians are Illyrians' descendent. The only thing is that we have few datas about em.

We were beamed here from out of space on November 28. 1912!
Liri-A-Vdekje
Qui tacet consentit
Heshtja eshte Hjeksi!

Treeman

Post by Treeman » Thu May 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Anybody, nobody has something to say about topic. I thought this was an Albanian forum.

misteralb

Post by misteralb » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Treeman wrote:Anybody, nobody has something to say about topic. I thought this was an Albanian forum.
Our origin is the oldest aboriginal people in the whole Balkan area and Minor Asia, Italy and mediteranien. You name them, since we dona want speculatation raised.

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Thu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Treeman wrote:Anybody, nobody has something to say about topic. I thought this was an Albanian forum.
Treeman, have a look on History sector, especially on Albanians history. We have put a plenty of materials showing our incontestable Pelasgian origin. Todays Albanians are mostly Illyrians but they have also a strong Thracian, Macedonian, Epirotic and Etruscan components...so the correct term that describe roots of Albanians could be called as Pelasgian.

1) All names of Pelasgians deities can be explained by Albanian languge.
2) A lot of traces of Pelasgians can also be find in Albanians of today (like some traits of ancient pagan religion, traditions, dress, etc).
3) The Macedonian and Epirotic heritage is well-preserved on Albanians. Albanians of XV-century did consider Alexander the Great and Pyrrhus of Epirus as their famous forebears.
4) A considerable of Macedonian glossary and toponymes shows a strong link with Albanian language.
5). The present territories of Albanians (Republic of Albania, Kosova, Western FyrMACEDONIA, Epirus (northwest of Greece), southern Montenegro stands perfectly with the intermingling zones of Pelasgian peoples like Illyrians (most), Thracians, Macedonians, Epirotes and Etruscans. Also, the other Albanian territories like Central Greece and some parts of Morea are peopled by Albanians. In the past those territories were peopled directly by the noble Pelasgians.
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

Return to “Albanian history”