"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Quotes/mix/long from books

Quotes about Albanian history and figures.
Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Quotes/mix/long from books

Post by Arta » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:39 am

Lettura popolare dell Epiro ( albania)
Folk literature of Epirus ( albania)

Forte concordanza e verosimile identita dei pelasghi con gli albanesi
The strong similarity betwin Pelasgians and albanians

Gli albanesi siareno anche per l'Han gli Neo-Pelasghi. Gli antichi Epirioti, Macedoni e anche Illiri... Come erano pellasghi i primi abitanti della grecia
The Albanians are for Han the new Pelasgian. The ancient Epirotes, Macedonians and Illyrians... Like the first inhabitants of greece, they were pelasgian too.

Ma nella grecia gli pelasgi avrebero adottato il linguaggio degli Eleni, che venero a sovraporsi ad essi; nella Macedonia e nell illria l'idioma aborigeneo avvrebe durato in sino a che l invasioni bulgarica venne ad estriparlo dalla prima contrada e quelle serbica dalla gran parte della seconda. Nel Albania ( illiria merridionale ed Epiro) vediamo al incontro tra l'elemento pelasgico
But in Greece the pelagian have adopted the hellenic language......;
In Macedonia and Illyria the aboriginal idiom contineu to egsist till the Bullgaric invasion firstly and the serbian invasion secondly.... In Albania (South Illyria and Epirus) whe have the immet betwin the Pelasgic elements

Cosi le ragioni della lingua, cosi come quella della storia, delle tradizionie dei costumi provano che gli albanesi siano i diretti discendenti degli Illiro-Macedoni e degli Epirioti della antichita, rendendo percio sncora piu probabile l'opinione di chi fa degli Albanesi i continuatori degli antichi pellasghi, i Neo-pelasgi
the language , the strory, tradition and costume proof that the Albanians are the direct discendents of the ancient Illyrians-Macedonians and ancient Epirotes.... the Albanians are the continuity of the ancient pelasgians, are the Neo-pellasgian

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Re: Quotes/mix/long from books

Post by Arta » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Notice Dardania is the modern Kosovo.... the Dardans are the founders of Troy..... Dardania is the albanian name of Kosovo

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:02 am

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 am

IllyrianLegend

Post by IllyrianLegend » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:05 pm

There are no images to be seen?
Arta wrote:Image

Return to “Quotes Albanian history”