"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Georgios Kastriotis. The story of a Greek medieval hero

Hellassoldier

Georgios Kastriotis. The story of a Greek medieval hero

Post by Hellassoldier » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Here you go:

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Re: Georgios Kastriotis. The story of a Greek medieval hero

Post by Arta » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:36 pm

That's all, can you bring some articles, quotes, by whom they were written and so on. Not dismissing the videos as your information, but something more we can continue to debate on this subject.
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Hymniarber
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Hymniarber » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Arta wrote:That's all, can you bring some articles, quotes, by whom they were written and so on. Not dismissing the videos as your information, but something more we can continue to debate on this subject.
Po çfare argumenta do sjelle lumemadhi ai -hahaha-
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt

OPTIMUS SILENS

Post by OPTIMUS SILENS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Hellassoldier wrote:Here you go:

DEJO KETU TI L..E NUK E DI CA DO KETU POR SA AKOMA DONI NA NEVE 8 MILLION SHQIPETARE CA DONI TE NA BENI GJYSEM GREKE DHE SERBE HAJDENI PO JU BAJTI.KENI 2 MILLION ARVANITAS NE GREQI TE CILET KERKONIN TE DREJTEN TE TYREN PER PER MESIMIN E SHQIPES POR JUVE NUK DONIT EDHE EUROPA JU KA AKUZUAR PER MOS NJOEHEN E MINORITETEVE DHE DREJTAT E TYRE NE GREQI THONI GJITHMONE SE NE GREQI NUK EKSISTONJE MINORITETE VETEM PER TURKET E KENI BERE NE THRAKI SEPSE KENI FRIK NA TURKU.TANI IKE P...U DHE MOS CA SHUME KOKEN SEPSE NE E KEMI FAJIN NUK I ZHDUKEM GREKET QE JETOJNE NE JUGUN E SHQIPERISE DHE JUVE DIREKT PER VORIO EPIRIN POR DHE HIMARA POR VAZHDONI KESHTU DHE DO KEMI SPASTRIME ETNIKE NE VITET 2020 SEPSE KETO BENI DHE NA THONI NEVE TE PA KULTURE.

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:26 pm

Perse shpenzojme energji dhe humbasim kohe kotnasekoti me kete Kastravec 'grek' i cili duke e pare se videoja e tij s'po honepset nga kush, e ka postuar ketu ne menyre qe ta ktheje ne qender te vemendjes kete video histerike dhe aspak historike. Mirepo, ne i pac mbetur merak atij, le ta beje nje kerkim fare te shkurter mbi Heronjte Kombetare te 'Greqise':
-Marko Bocari
-F.Xhavella
-L.Bubulina
-Kolkotroni e qindra te tjere

...dhe do ta kuptoje sa eshte sahati?!
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

udhetari

Post by udhetari » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:11 pm

can you tell me a greek song dedicated to ''your greek'' medieval hero? ..i'm sure you can't..
or can you show a photo to his monument to any ''plateia'' in athens or somewhere else in greece..?
..i'm sure you can't...bcs it's so simple...GJERGJ KASTRIOTI WAS AN ALBANIAN...AND NOW OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK THIS...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

udhetari

Post by udhetari » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 pm

udhetari wrote:

can you tell me a greek song dedicated to ''your greek'' medieval hero? ..i'm sure you can't..
or can you show a photo to his monument to any ''plateia'' in athens or somewhere else in greece..?
..i'm sure you can't...bcs it's so simple...GJERGJ KASTRIOTI WAS AN ALBANIAN...AND NOW OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK THIS...
maybe you feel good telling lies... but i feel better telling the truth....

Hellassoldier

Post by Hellassoldier » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 pm

udhetari wrote:

Is there any source of your flux? Some authors? Book?

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Hellassoldier wrote:
udhetari wrote:

“Nëse doni të zbuloni historinë para Krishtit dhe
shkencat e asaj kohe, duhet të studioni gjuhën shqipe !"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz - albanolog, matematicient, filozof gjerman

Hellassoldier

Post by Hellassoldier » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 pm

udhetari wrote: maybe you feel good telling lies... but i feel better telling the truth....
THE RISE OF ISKANDER by Benjamin Disraeli

2.1 "Iskander was the youngest son of the Prince of Epirus, who, with the other Grecian princes, had, at the commencement of the reign of Amurath the Second, in vain resisted the progress of the Turkish arms in Europe."
2.3 The despots of Bosnia, Servia, and Bulgaria, and the Grecian princes of Etolia, Macedon, Epirus, Athens, Phocis, Boeotia, and indeed of all the regions to the straits of Corinth, were tributaries to Amurat
2.4 His Turkish education could never eradicate from his memory the consciousness that he was a Greek
2.14 Had Iskander been influenced by vulgar ambition, his loftiest desires might have been fully gratified by the career which Amurath projected for him. The Turkish Sultan destined for the Grecian Prince the hand of one of his daughters, and the principal command of his armies.
3.12 A guard of honour, by the orders of Karam Bey, advanced to conduct Iskander to his presence; and soon, entering the pavilion, the Grecian prince exchanged courtesies with the Turkish general.
4.26 Soon the officer returned, and, ordering the guards to disarm and search Iskander, directed the Grecian Prince to follow him.
4.37 Iskander bowed lowly as the officer disappeared.
4.38 "And now," said Hunniades, "to business. Your purpose?"
4.39 "I am a Grecian Prince, and a compulsory ally of the Moslemin.

We could continue with several identical quotes from Disraeli's book that clearly depict him as Hellinic.. I'll just add my favorite :

6.11 Troops of armed men were charging down the streets, brandishing their scimitars and yataghans, and exclaiming,
"The Cross, the Cross!" "Liberty!" "Greece!" "Iskander and
Epirus!" The townsmen recognised their countrymen by their language and their dress. The name of
Iskander acted as a spell. They stopt not to inquire. A magic sympathy at once persuaded them that this great man had, by the grace of Heaven, recurred to the creed and country of his fathers. And so every townsman, seizing the nearest weapon, with a spirit of patriotic frenzy, rushed into the streets, crying out,
"The Cross, the Cross!" "Liberty!" "Greece!" "Iskander and Epirus!" Ay! even the women lost all womanly fears, and stimulated instead of soothing the impulse of their masters. They fetched them arms, they held the torches, they sent them forth with vows and prayers and imprecations, their children clinging to their robes, and repeating with enthusiasm, phrases which they could not comprehend

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 pm

-lol- -haha- :lol: you are really good to make us laugh!
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

udhetari

Post by udhetari » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Hellassoldier wrote:
udhetari wrote:

you can see Νεωτερον εγκυκλοπαιδικον λεξικον 'ΗΛΙΟΥ', τομ 2, σελ 183...

Arban Blandi
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Arban Blandi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Sinqerisht teoritë kësisoj (një pafundësi përrallash të panumërta) nuk më shqëtësojnë. Por, më vjen krupë me dëgjue se edhe fëmive në shkollë i 'mësojnë' se Gjergji Kastrioti ish grek!
Our Scribd Channel - History was a damn dim candle over a damn dark abyss.

udhetari

Post by udhetari » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Hellassoldier wrote:
udhetari wrote: maybe you feel good telling lies... but i feel better telling the truth....
THE RISE OF ISKANDER by Benjamin Disraeli

2.1 "Iskander was the youngest son of the Prince of Epirus, who, with the other Grecian princes, had, at the commencement of the reign of Amurath the Second, in vain resisted the progress of the Turkish arms in Europe."
2.3 The despots of Bosnia, Servia, and Bulgaria, and the Grecian princes of Etolia, Macedon, Epirus, Athens, Phocis, Boeotia, and indeed of all the regions to the straits of Corinth, were tributaries to Amurat
2.4 His Turkish education could never eradicate from his memory the consciousness that he was a Greek
2.14 Had Iskander been influenced by vulgar ambition, his loftiest desires might have been fully gratified by the career which Amurath projected for him. The Turkish Sultan destined for the Grecian Prince the hand of one of his daughters, and the principal command of his armies.
3.12 A guard of honour, by the orders of Karam Bey, advanced to conduct Iskander to his presence; and soon, entering the pavilion, the Grecian prince exchanged courtesies with the Turkish general.
4.26 Soon the officer returned, and, ordering the guards to disarm and search Iskander, directed the Grecian Prince to follow him.
4.37 Iskander bowed lowly as the officer disappeared.
4.38 "And now," said Hunniades, "to business. Your purpose?"
4.39 "I am a Grecian Prince, and a compulsory ally of the Moslemin.

We could continue with several identical quotes from Disraeli's book that clearly depict him as Hellinic.. I'll just add my favorite :

6.11 Troops of armed men were charging down the streets, brandishing their scimitars and yataghans, and exclaiming,
"The Cross, the Cross!" "Liberty!" "Greece!" "Iskander and
Epirus!" The townsmen recognised their countrymen by their language and their dress. The name of
Iskander acted as a spell. They stopt not to inquire. A magic sympathy at once persuaded them that this great man had, by the grace of Heaven, recurred to the creed and country of his fathers. And so every townsman, seizing the nearest weapon, with a spirit of patriotic frenzy, rushed into the streets, crying out,
"The Cross, the Cross!" "Liberty!" "Greece!" "Iskander and Epirus!" Ay! even the women lost all womanly fears, and stimulated instead of soothing the impulse of their masters. They fetched them arms, they held the torches, they sent them forth with vows and prayers and imprecations, their children clinging to their robes, and repeating with enthusiasm, phrases which they could not comprehend
-hahaha- -lol- didn't you find a better story? που το βρηκες αυτο το παραμυθι?! -iiiii- ψαξε κατι καλυτερο.... :shock: :o

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm

The above novel is a fiction only.

http://www.ibiblio.org/disraeli/
One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present

Return to “Balkan history”