"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Clash of The Gods-Zeus

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Clash of The Gods-Zeus

Post by Arta » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:37 am

This is a very good show to watch.
I saw the whole show on the history channel, and found that they had put the videos on the website as well.
I recommend everyone to see it, very interesting. There are 5 videos, total 50 minutes long.

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Re: Clash of The Gods-Zeus

Post by Arta » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Image Image
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Arta wrote:This is a very good show to watch.
I saw the whole show on the history channel, and found that they had put the videos on the website as well.
I recommend everyone to see it, very interesting. There are 5 videos, total 50 minutes long.

The commentary scientists are way far from the truth, from the symbolism of mythology. They are underestimating ""greek"" knowledge about the world and natural phenomenons, which I beleive was greater than the modern scientists.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Zeus10 wrote:
Arta wrote:This is a very good show to watch.

The commentary scientists are way far from the truth, from the symbolism of mythology. They are underestimating ""greek"" knowledge about the world and natural phenomenons, which I beleive was greater than the modern scientists.
True as I was watching it, and they were trying to give an explanation to those myths with todays knowledge and events. I thought they were kind of trying to make those myths as something that people did not understand. They were contradicting themselves when they were saying that: "Zeus was destroying many of those huge developed cities once they had reached the peak of their civilization". I mean how could they build such a huge cities and not know of the natural causes as well!

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 am

I have to stop a bit on two names mentioned in the documentary:

1. Typhon--------symbolizing a strong storm
2. Metis---------symbolizing the wisdom

Typhon had many versions in ""greek" mythology like Τυφῶν, Tuphōn), Typheus/Typhoeus (Τυφωεύς, Tuphōeus), Typhaon (Τυφάων, Tuphaōn) or Typhos (Τυφώς, Tuphōs).
""Coincidently"" this words conforms the Albanian words TUFAN meaning storm or strong winds.

Metis is the English version of the ""greek"" word Μῆτις which in Albanian means mençuri=wisdom, or in a south dialect mëjtim(mendim-standard lang) and derives from the noun ment{mendje}(brain, smart, full of wisdom) or the verb mejtohem(mendohem). But of course this is another coincidence, because them were ""greek"" Gods.

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:44 am

The symbol of Zeus was the eagle and the thunderbolt:

archeologically recently proven to be his symbols found in his temple:

Why the Albanians carry this symbols in their national flag(about 100 years ago)?

Must be a coincidence, because Zeus is a """Greek""" God.

Return to “Balkan history”