"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

SULI dhe banoret e tij Shqiptare

Këtu mund të flisni mbi historinë tonë duke sjellë fakte historike për ndriçimin e asaj pjese të historisë mbi të cilen ka rënë harresa e kohës dhe e njerëzve.

Moderators: Arbëri, Strokulli

Mallakastrioti
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Re: SULI dhe banoret e tij Shqiptare

Post by Mallakastrioti » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Faleminderit Trojan per perkthimin dhe i nderuar Albpelasgian. per fjalet.

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 am

erix77
Star Member
Star Member

Post by erix77 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:48 am

Nje shtet te ngjashem me ate te Mirdites ne veri,po edhe suliotet ka shume mundesi qe te ishin prej Mirdite.
Dhe e bëmë me besa besën ja të rrojmë ja të vdesëm!

Ishte thënë prej Zotit që të nderohen armët e Shqipërisë!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:46 pm

The whole of southern Albania already formed the nucleus of his states; for the brave and highspirited inhabitants of the mountains of Suly — those hero-robbers, who (scarcely forming a tribe of 5 or 6000 souls, all Albanian Christians) resisted for sixteen years the power of Ali — had since 1803 been driven from their native hearths. The wars of Ali Pacha against Suly, the heroic defence of its inhabitants, and the final submission of these mountains, form a picture so diversified and interesting, that they merit to be compared to those of the ancient Messenians against the Spartans; they especially present the greatest analogy with the defence and the taking of Ira in Messenia such as Pausanias has described it to us.

Peter Oluf Brønsted:
Interviews with Ali Pacha of Joanina
http://www.albanianhistory.net/texts19/AH1812_2.html
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:29 pm

"...the Albanian bands of the brave Marco Botsaris, for the purpose of covering Missolonghi, the stronghold of Western Hellas, of relieving Suli, and capturing Arts".

The popular encyclopedia: being a general dictionary of arts ..., Volume 3, 1841, p.538

The entire population of Greece, including the islands, has at the same epoch been computed at three millions and a-half. The pure Hellenic race no longer exists, the people being in the present day, with the exception of the inhabitants of a few districts, a mixture of ancient Greeks, Latins who invaded the country in the middle ages, Albanians, Candiotes, Souliotes from Epirus, and some other races from Western and Northern Europe.

Ruins of many lands, a poem By Nicholas Michell, 1850, p.262

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Kerkoj ndjese nese eshte plasuar edhe ma pare ky tekst, por ia vlen barrsa qerane te postohet sepse eshte nje prej raporteve me te fresekta dhe me origjinale sa i perket Sulioteve - sidomos kohen kur ata u bene te njohur per europianet - Nenshtrimi i tyre prej Ali Pashes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE MOUNTAINEERS OP SULI, IN EFIRUS, AFTER THEIR CONQUEST BY ALI FACHA OF JOANNltlA.
The mountaineers of Suli had, from their retired situation, assumed the character of a peculiar tribe. They inhabited ten or twelve large villages, the most considerable of which might perhaps be a mile distant from the fortress of Suli. They were originally Albanians, of the tribe of the Tzamides. The majority of their former countrymen had turned Mahometans ; but they had retained the Christian religion, though much disfigured, and adapted to their situation. Their number scarcely exceeded 12,000, of which the third or fourth part were capable of bearing arms. They were distinguished from all the other Albanians by their rudeness and invincible courage. The Suliot women shared the employments and dangers of their husbands, and sustained all the inconveniencies of an unquiet life. It is said that the women were allowed to draw water from a certain fountain in succession, and in the same order as their husbands had gained glory in war; and in the war which Ali Pacha had with these mountaineers, their women performed actions which would have done honour to men.
Yet, in describing the Suliots, we must sot forget that they are robbers, who have become by degrees warriors, and joined some virtues with savageness and pillage. They were the terror of Southern Albania. When they descended from their mountains, seeking revenge and plunder, the whole country trembled. Their own valleys were visited by nobody; neither friend nor enemy dared to come near them. They were never subject to the Turkish rulers of Albania ; but Ali Pacha could not endure the thought that a tribe so near him should defy his authority with impunity, and even extend their robberies almost to his capital. His first attempts were weak and limited -, in proportion as his power increased, he rendered himself more formidable to them ; he continued the war from year to year, and, though the events are of little importance, there is not one which is not celebrated in some Albanese song. He at length attacked the Suliots with great force, it is said 18,000 men, the command of which he gave to his sons Mouctar and Veli, and at last succeeded in making himself master of an elevated position, where he established a place of security for his troops; the Suliots, however, did not abandon their position, and it was only by bribing their chief that he attained his end. His soldiers penetrated into the village of Suli; but the inhabitants, led by their priests, and assisted by their wives, obstinately continued the combat. A woman named Cheito displayed the most admirable intrepidity, and one of their priests, when he saw no more hope of flight, blew up the building in which he had taken refugeEnclosed on all sides, without prospect of escape, many cut their way through, others killed themselves, but more were cut to pieces. It is said that a crowd of women, being pushed towards a precipice, threw their children down it, devoting them to death rather than to slavery. Some found a refuge in Parga, others in Corfu, and it is said that Aii Pacha, dreading the effects of their despair, connived at their flight, although it had been his intention to extirpate the whole tribe; for he destroyed their viltages, and peopled the feuhabitations which he had left with Albanians. It is now ten years since this war took place, and yet people are still full of the heroism and the stratagems to which it gave birth.

The Coila repository: and Kilmarnock monthly magazine By John Mennons, 1818 p. 267-269. Poashtu shih ne: Robinson's magazine: a weekly repository of original papers and ...: Volume 2, Joseph Robinson, 1819, p. 6-7.

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 am

Pasazhe tjera per Suliotet dhe revolucionin e ashtuquajtur ''Grek'':

Thomas Keightley 1830 'History of the war of independence in Greece'
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... erpage.jpg

Thomas Gordon 1844 'The History of the Greek revolution ...'
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... erpage.jpg
One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Do t'ju lutesha antereve te forumit qe te vertetojne besueshmerine e dokumentit te meposhtem. Nese eshte i vertete, atehere edhe vete "greket" e atebotshem e pranonin qe Suliotet ishin shqiptar. Tekstin bashkangjitur me dokumentet e kam marre prej nje faqeje sllavomaqedone (keshtu qe duhet t'i marrim me shume kursim):

Greek plan for Albania from 1822!

Following the Greek plan for asmilation of Albanians and the policy of the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs in relation to Albania in the distant 1822:

Temporary Administration of Greece

Chairman of the Executive

Because Albania is a large and important part and its reunification with the Greek state can bring the best results.

Because of the Suliot municipality and because the familiarity and the ties that has with Albanians, is the most competent tool to conclude agreements with the Albanians.

Based on the agreement of National assembly body, with the Act of May 12 under No. 107,

Ordered and orders the following:

a) Suliotic municipality is authorized to lead negotiations to conclude agreements, as useful as possible with the Albanian Christians and Muslims.

b) These agreements will not include more privileges than Suliots have for themselves.

c) Suliot municipality is authorized to appoint one or more representatives to guide these negotiations.

d) Hiljarhot32) George Pljesovica is also authorized, with the knowledge and consent of Suliot municipality, to lead negotiations with Chamuriot - Christians and Muslims to the same rules.

e) Magnificent Hussein Pasha and Murto Cali, because they showed to be inherent of Suliots and faithfully attached to them, and because they operate with funds that are in addition to the contracts to be concluded with the Turks, they are authorized to negotiate under the same way, knowledge and consent of Suliot municipality.

g) All contracts are concluded above will be ratified by the Administration.

Minister of Internal Affairs will act on this command.

In Corinth, on May 12, 1822.

A. Mavrokordatos, president,

Athanasios Kanakaris,

Anagnostis Papajanopulos,

Ioannis Logotetis,

First Secretary of State, Minister for External Affairs, T. Negris 33).

From this command of the Greek government is clearly how Albania is being treated and the Albanian population, any Christian, any Muslim, and which it aims. There are two reports from the Ministry of War, which required to empower Marco Bocaris and George Pljesovica to lead such negotiations with the Albanians - Muslims and Christians. Both bear the date May 10, 1822 year 34).

It should be borne in mind also that this time the national consciousness in Greece was much more developed in comparison with other Balkan nations, and that thanks to their literature, economic prosperity, the activity of the Ecumenical Patriarchate and Phanariots, who for years worked for the restoration of the Byzantine Empire. It allowed the leadership of the rebellion to be in Greek hands, and after the uprising and the formation of the first Greek national state many of these participants to feel like Greeks and their descendants to assimilate as such.

http://macedonianspark.com/en/history-i ... -----1822-

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 pm

The Suliots were a branch of the southern Albanian Tosks...

The Balkan Wars: Conquest, Revolution, and Retribution from the Ottoman Era to the Twentieth Century and Beyond, 2002, p. 137
Brailsford, the British politician wrote this after his travels, Macedonia: Its Races and their future p. 222:
Both the Suliotes and Hydriotes were Albanians in blood, language, and customs. They were "Greeks" only in the sense that the Vlachs are "Greeks" — they belonged to the Orthodox Church, and if any of them possessed any culture at all, it was Greek culture. The Suliotes were a predatory tribe, rather better organised and more homogeneous than most Albanian septs, and their manners had not been softened by their nominal Christianity.

"
Such were the people of Souli, Christian Albanians who were never fully subdued till 1803, when they were overcome by Ali of Joannina. This was a conquest of Christians by Mahometans ; but it was not a conquest of Christians by Turks. It was in truth a conquest of Albanians by Albanians. Ali was a cruel and faithless tyrant ; still he was not a Turk, but an Albanian ; he was a rebel against the Sultan, and he was so far an indirect friend of the Sultan's enemies."

AgrianShigjetari

Post by AgrianShigjetari » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:26 pm

The extraordinary cour age of the Albanian women has been displayed over and over again in the history of the country; but one of the most celebrated instances was that recorded of the branch of the Albanian people represented by the Suliotes, when they were besieged by Ali Pasha in 1792.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 838B699FDE

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:15 am

Ja nja dy citate qe i mora prej antarit 'Epirot' ne nje forum te huaj:
The Soultioes, who are of Albanian origin but usually are grouped separately, also had ancestors who served as exemplars for the community of Souli” (The Muslim Bonaparte: diplomacy and orientalism in Ali Pasha's Greece: 62).
"A Turkish force of four thousand men was surprised one summer night in 1823 by Marco Botsaris, one of the ablest champions of Greek independence, and three hundred and fifty Suliots, a warrior tribe of Albanian descent" (The companion guide to mainland Greece, Brian De Jongh :1983).
In the prerevolution period, Ali Pasha of Joannina in northwest Greece attacked the villages of Souli (1792–1804). Its inhabitants, orthodox Albanians, strongly resisted, and women played an important role.

Women and war: a historical encyclopedia from antiquity to the present: Volume 1 - Page 255: Bernard A. Cook - 2006

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 am

"...the Souliotes, the flower of Albanian warriors, were driven from Epirus..."

History of the Greek revolution, Volume 1 By Thomas Gordon

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Ne mes deshmive te panumerta, per etnicitetin e sulioteve dhe himarioteve, i cili po synohet te rrembehet prej grekeve, vjen dhe kjo deshmi franceze, pikerisht nga ata njerez, qe i punesuan luftetaret shqiptare te krishtere suliote dhe himariote:

Carte ethnologique de la Turquie d'Europe et de la Grèce et Mémoire .
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Ky i mesipermi nuk eshte i vetmi burim i pavarur, qe konfirmon qe suliotet ishin thjesht, nje dege e krishtere e çameve:
Histoire du dix-neuvième siècle depuis les traités de Vienne, Volume 11
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Tomorr

Post by Tomorr » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 pm

A mund ta perktheje dikush kete?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Historia e Shqiperise”