"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Olimpi mitik.

Flisni për gjuhën shqipe, magjinë e saj, evoluimin, lidhjet e saj me gjuhët e tjera, rreziqet që i kanosen.

Moderators: Hymniarber, bardus

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Olimpi mitik.

Post by Zeus10 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Mali i Olimpit(Ὄλυμπος) ne Greqine Moderne, eshte nje nga pikat topografike me te larta ne Europe. Ai sipas mitologjise perfaqson "shtepine e zotave", pra atje ishte vendi ku "banonin" dhe "shfaqeshin" zotat. Ne fjalorin etimologjik ky emer nuk gjen shpjegim:
Olympic
1610, "of or in ref. to Olympos, also Olympia (khora)," town or district in Elis in ancient Greece, where athletic contests in honor of Olympian Zeus were held 776 B.C.E. and every four years thereafter, from Gk. Olympikos, from Olympos, of unknown origin. The modern Olympic Games are a revival, begun in 1896. Not the same place as Mount Olympus, abode of the gods, which was in Thessaly. The name was given to several mountains, each seemingly the highest in its district.
Natyrisht nuk ka si te gjeje shpjegim per shkak se linguistet mundohen ta gjejne shpjegimin duke e lidhur ate me "greqishten", dhe mundohen te nderojne nje sistem gjuhesor te menduari, duke u bazuar pikerisht ne kete gjuhe ""specifike"". Natyrisht etimologjia e kesaj fjale egziston dhe eshte nje kompozite e fjales shqipe li(me le) dhe fjales tjeter shqip mp(mbi). Vete fjala tregon lindjen e Diellit ne lartesi(mbi), Dielli qe ishte aq i adhuruar prej atyre popujve te lashte.

Ajo qe se dyti me beri shume pershtypje, ishte spjegimi gjuhesor i emrit te Majes se Olimpit:
The highest peak on Mount Olympus is Mitikas at 2,919 metres high (9,577 feet), which in Greek means "nose" (an alternative transliterated spelling of this name is "Mytikas"). Mitikas is the highest peak in Greece, the second highest being Skolio (2912 m).
In Greek mythology the mountain was regarded as the "home of the gods", specifically of the Twelve Olympians, the twelve principal gods of the ancient Hellenistic world.[2] Any climb to Mount Olympus starts from the town of Litochoro, which took the name City of Gods because of its location on the roots of the mountain...
Olympus' highest peak, Mýtikas or the "Throne of Zeus"

Ne shqiptaret e dime shume mire qe mytika nuk do te thote aspak hundë, por do te thote Mytike, nje fjale qe eshte kompozita mi the, dhe tregon kalimin goje me goje te gojedhenes, ose mytit, qe ne fakt ne lashtesi eshte shqiptuar prej paraardhesve tane : my the.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Re: Olimpia mitike.

Post by Zeus10 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm

myth
1830, from Gk. mythos "speech, thought, story, myth," of unknown origin.
Myths are "stories about divine beings, generally arranged in a coherent system; they are revered as true and sacred; they are endorsed by rulers and priests; and closely linked to religion. Once this link is broken, and the actors in the story are not regarded as gods but as human heroes, giants or fairies, it is no longer a myth but a folktale. Where the central actor is divine but the story is trivial ... the result is religious legend, not myth." [J. Simpson & S. Roud, "Dictionary of English Folklore," Oxford, 2000, p.254]
Nuk eshte "unknown origin" por eshte shqip me thënë, pra me treguar histori:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Return to “Gjuha shqipe”