"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

FUSTANELLA

Sillni fotografi historike që dëshmojne anët e panjojtura të një ngjarje, personi, apo fenomeni historik, ose që ndihmojnë në favor të një teze historike.

Moderator: Mallakastrioti

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Re: FUSTANELLA

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:24 pm

ALBPelasgian wrote:
"...the foustanella, the famous Greek kilt, is said by many to be a version of
the Albanian warrior's costume, and is sometimes called the Albanian kilt...

~Dinner with Persephone‎~Patricia Storace 1996 - Page 164
Even the foustanella, the Greek national costume, is Albanian
~Eurydice Street: a place in Athens‎~by Sofka Zinovieff 2004 - Page 190
Natyrisht qe fustanella eshte nje veshje shqiptare dhe ska se si te jete greke, sepse greket jane nje race inegzistente deri ne momentin qe dikush u kujtua ta 'mbillte' ate ne Ballkan per interesa te kristianizmit.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edvin

Post by Edvin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Zeus10 wrote:
ALBPelasgian wrote:
"...the foustanella, the famous Greek kilt, is said by many to be a version of
the Albanian warrior's costume, and is sometimes called the Albanian kilt...

~Dinner with Persephone‎~Patricia Storace 1996 - Page 164
Even the foustanella, the Greek national costume, is Albanian
~Eurydice Street: a place in Athens‎~by Sofka Zinovieff 2004 - Page 190
Natyrisht qe fustanella eshte nje veshje shqiptare dhe ska se si te jete greke, sepse greket jane nje race inegzistente deri ne momentin qe dikush u kujtua ta 'mbillte' ate ne Ballkan per interesa te kristianizmit.

Kte frazen e fundit e ke thon me ven, dhe nuk e lu as topi, as fjala grekut, qe dikush u kujtu per interesat e kristianizmit.

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Our 'Fustanella' has been worn in every region of the Balkans where Albanians have lived, and every region has songs for it as well.

The Fustanella is a fold skirt, which is carried particularly in Albania and Greece(by Arvanites), traditionally by men, thus a man skirt. It can appear a short stiff skirt , usually pleated, made of white cotton or linen, and in the country of its origin Albania(or Epirus) we also find the long version. The foustanela was worn by the Albanian fighters of the 1821 revolution. It's been some time now, that the newly created nations, try to claim any Albanian heritage as their own. The following pictures/photos is in response to those false claims and show that this dress is exclusively originated from Albanian folks.

Hajde fustane manarezë*
Fustanellënë me fletë

Hajde fustanellënë me fletë
U ta ndreqa djalo vetë

Hajde fustane manarezë
Fustanellën me gazi*

Fustanellën me gazi
Vishe dil në magazi*

Hajde po kami manarezë
Po kamishënë me mëgë*

Hajde po kamishënë me mëgë
Ta stolisa u me këgë*

Manarezë = Manare
Gazi = ?
Magazi = Lokal, klub
Kamishënë = Këmishën
Mëgë = Mëngë
Këgë = Këngë

"Fustanella" (kind of a kilt), which used to be widely used all over West Balkan, in particular in Illyria and Epirus. There is also archeological evidence from an item found in Maribor, Slovenia in the 5th century BC, followed by the figure of a man on a grave stone of the 3d century in Smokthine (Mesaplik, Vlora), a terracot in the 4th century, found in Durres etc. Besides the "fustanelle", we may mention one of the oldest garments for women, which is a kind of suit with a long shirt, a long front and a similar back. In these regions, they also mention the Illyrian "dalmatika", which used to be a long shirt with sleeves, like the one worn by the master carved on a grave stone found in Drashovica, Vlora, dating in the 2nd century. Even on another gravestone of 2nd or 3d century, found in Korca, there are to smiths wearing "dalmatika". Another ancient Illyrian element is the plain local "opinga", (kind of mocassina). Besides, the unity of the common anthropological characteristics from the Illyrians to the Southern/North Albanians of nowadays, is an indicator to the bio-communicative continuity and a reason to use the anthropological data as historical source.

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:25 am

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:33 am

Lirio Nushi rocks...... -bravo-

Hjade djema vishni fustanellat, looks so damn good.... :oops: :lol:

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm

One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Socio, kjo fotografi, bashke me disa te tjera, eshte shume e cmuar, sepse propaganda greke ne perpjekje per ta shpallur fustanellen si huazim grek, pretendon qe fustanella nuk egziston ne Shqiperine e Veriut por vetem prane kufijve me Greqine. Por si gjithmone provat tona jane te atilla qe 'kujdesen' per ta shkermoqur propaganden.

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Zeus10 wrote:Socio, kjo fotografi, bashke me disa te tjera, eshte shume e cmuar, sepse propaganda greke ne perpjekje per ta shpallur fustanellen si huazim grek, pretendon qe fustanella nuk egziston ne Shqiperine e Veriut por vetem prane kufijve me Greqine.

Faleminderit Zeus ! Per ate qellim edhe e solla foton.

Zeus10 wrote:Por si gjithmone provat tona jane te atilla qe 'kujdesen' per ta shkermoqur propaganden.
Natyrisht !

Zeus10 wrote:The Greek thieves will never stop stealing Albanian culture and heroes:

One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:07 am

Bashke me fustanellen, propaganda greke, synon te pervetsoje dhe luftetarin brenda saj, sepse ata jane simboli i Greqise, dhe ata nuk mund te pranojne qe ne venat e simbolit te tyre, te rrjedhe gjaku i nje jo-greku. Fatkeqesia eshte, se ne na ka rrene barra te provojme dhe gjerat qe jane te qarta si dielli, ne te kundert po heshtem (sic bejne shkencetaret tane te shitur), ata do te na rrembenin dhe simbole te tjerat tonat(nese ka mbetur ndonje gje pa u vjedhur).

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 am

Zeus10 wrote:Bashke me fustanellen, propaganda greke, synon te pervetsoje dhe luftetarin brenda saj, sepse ata jane simboli i Greqise, dhe ata nuk mund te pranojne qe ne venat e simbolit te tyre, te rrjedhe gjaku i nje jo-greku. Fatkeqesia eshte, se ne na ka rrene barra te provojme dhe gjerat qe jane te qarta si dielli, ne te kundert po heshtem (sic bejne shkencetaret tane te shitur), ata do te na rrembenin dhe simbole te tjerat tonat(nese ka mbetur ndonje gje pa u vjedhur).
Gjurmet historike te luftetarit me fustanelle edhe ne muzet ushtarake Evropiane !

Patush
Grand Star Member
Grand Star Member

Post by Patush » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:09 pm

I guess there is not need to say who this is.
Liri-A-Vdekje
Qui tacet consentit
Heshtja eshte Hjeksi!

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Kartoline e vjeter franceze mbi Shqiperine !

PS. Nese ka mundesi ndokush qe njeh gjuhen frenge ta perkthej proverben shqiptare

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 am

'Arnaute avec deux Chiens Whippets' - 1867 by Jean Leon Gerome

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 pm

'Luftetari me fustanelle - Krenaria e nje Perandorie'

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Shkaterrimtare për 'grekët' a? :lol: -bravo- -dance-
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

Return to “Fotografi historike”