"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

PLIS-PILEUS-(Qeleshe)

Sillni fotografi historike që dëshmojne anët e panjojtura të një ngjarje, personi, apo fenomeni historik, ose që ndihmojnë në favor të një teze historike.

Moderator: Mallakastrioti

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

PLIS-PILEUS-(Qeleshe)

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:27 pm

similar to a skullcap. It was especially associated with the manumission of slaves who wore it upon their liberation. The pileus became emblematic, especially popular in the 18th and 19th centuries (when it was often called a "liberty cap" or Phrygian Cap of liberty and freedom from bondage, appearing on statuary and on heraldic devices[/quote]

This is the definition of an ancient hat that looks like this:

Dioskouroi

Odysseus

Hephaestus

Dioskouroi

Roman cap of the liberty

Albanian plis
The traditional white felt conical brimless cap worn by Albanian men and called the plis in the Gheg north derives etymologically from the pileus and perhaps there is a historical cultural connection. The same cap in the Tosk Albanian south is called qeleshe, as it is felted of lesh, "wool".
This is the definition for the Albanian plis(qeleshe) a cap worn only by the Albanians and none else. It looks like this:

The connection is obvious Albanians are the only who ones descended the ""Greek"" hat. How come the Albanians and not the ""Greek"" themselves.???
Because the Albanians are the Ancient ""Greeks"".
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Re: Plis-Pileus-(Qeleshe)

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Here it is an Ancient """"Greek""" . Odysseus:

and here one of his descendants:

here it is Cadmos the Phoenician ""Greek"" of Thebe, the forefather of the Illyrian race:

and here some his descendents:

Its obvious that the people who are divided from more than 3000 years gap of time are wearing the same cap, ""ancient Greeks"" , Illyrians, Albanians whatever you name them. Just compare the photos.

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Let the historical evidences speak up:

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Zeus, Athena and Hephastius.

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Zeus Poseidonus and Hades

Albanian 1944(Mapo Magazine)

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:56 pm

PIʹLEUS or PIʹLEUM (Non. Marc. iii; pilea virorum sunt, Serv. in Virg. Aen. IX.616), dim. PILEʹOLUS or PILEʹOLUM (Colum. de Arbor. 25); (πῖλος, dim. πίλιον, second dim. πιλίδιον; πίλημα, πιλωτόν), any piece of felt; more especially, a skull-cap of felt, a hat.

There seems to be no reason to doubt that felting (ἡ πιλητική, Plat. Polit. ii.2 p296, ed. Bekker) is a more ancient invention than weaving [Tela], nor that both of these arts came into Europe from Asia.

From the Greeks, who were acquainted with this article as early as the age of Homer (Il. X.265) and Hesiod (Op. et Dies, 542, 546), the use of felt passed together with its name to the Romans. Among them the employment of it was always far less extended than among the Greeks. Nevertheless Pliny in one sentence, "Lanae et per se coactae vestem faciunt," gives a very exact account of the process of felting (H. N. VIII.48 s73). A Latin sepulchral inscription (Gruter, p648, n4) mentions "a manufacturer of woollen felt" (lanarius coactilarius), at the same time indicating that he was not a native of Italy (Lariseus).

The principal use of felt among the Greeks and Romans was to make coverings of the head for the male sex, and the most common kind was a simple skull-cap. It was often more elevated, though still round at the top. In this shape it appears on coins, especially on those of Sparta, or such as exhibit the symbols of the Dioscuri; and it is thus represented, with that addition on its summit, which distinguished the Roman flamines and salii, in three figures of the woodcut to the article Apex. But the apex, according to Dionysius of Halicarnassus, was sometimes conical; and conical or pointed caps were certainly very common.

In the Greek and Roman mythology different kinds of caps were symbolically assigned to indicate the occupations of the wearers. The painter Nicomachus first represented Ulysses in a cap, no doubt to indicate his sea-faring life (Plin. H. N. xxxv §22).º The woodcut on the following page shows him clothed in the Exomis, and in the act of offering wine to the Cyclops (Winckelmann, Mon. Ined. ii.154; Homer, Od. IX.345‑347). He here wears the round cap; but more commonly both he and the boatman Charon (see woodcut, p512) have it pointed. Vulcan (see woodcut, p726) and Daedalus wear the caps of common artificers.

Among the Romans the cap of felt was the emblem of liberty. When a slave obtained his freedom he had his head shaved, and wore instead of his hair an undyed pileus (πίλεον λευκόν, Diod. Sic. Exc. Leg. 31º p625, ed. Wess.; Plaut. Amphit. I.1.306; Persius, V.82). Hence the phrase servos ad pileum vocare is a summons to liberty, by which slaves were frequently called upon to take up arms with a promise of liberty (Liv. XXIV.32). The figure of Liberty on some of the coins of Antoninus Pius, struck A.D. 145, holds this cap in the right hand.

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Re: PLIS-PILEUS-(Qeleshe)

Post by Arta » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm

"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Patush
Grand Star Member
Grand Star Member

Post by Patush » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:12 pm

A ka ndai niani shpiegim per emnin tieter qe perdoret, ate "kasule" "ksule" ?
Liri-A-Vdekje
Qui tacet consentit
Heshtja eshte Hjeksi!

Picasso`

Post by Picasso` » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Eshte tema interesante, por edhe ne ate "dije" qe un kam ardhur ne lidhje me plisin dhe popujt antik qe e kane perdorur.

Sipas studimeve gjenetike, shqiptaret jan te ngjajshem me Bullgaret e jugut, ose ata te Thrakise te mocme, nga Malet e Rodopit.

Ata vec jan bere "sllav" dhe Bullgaro-Tatar, me gjuhe dhe tradicione, por si duket ka mbetur dic nga antikiteti te vet ata...

Ne vijim ka nja dy fotografi nga ato vise te Ballkanit dhe njerezit qe e kane ruajtur traditen e perdorimit te Plisit.

kreksi

Post by kreksi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Kreks, a ka ndonje emer ky qeleshembajtes?

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

JU falemnderoj vellezer per hapjen e kesaj teme te vyeshme,

Plisi - si kryesimbol ekzkluvivisht i botes shqiptare perfaqeson nje nga pasurite me te medha endemike qe zoteron bota shqiptare si trashegimtare e drejteperdrejte e trungut pellazgjik ku perfshiheshin: iliret, thraket, etrusket, liguret, friget, etj. Plisi eshte pasuria e pacmuar etnografike qe deshmon vazhdimesine pellazgjike te popullit tone.

Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Bust of Attis wearing a Phrygian cap
"I never gave anybody hell! I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."~Harry S. Truman

Arta
Sun Member
Sun Member

Post by Arta » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Zeus wearing the barbarian Phrygian cap

Return to “Fotografi historike”