"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Why do we call it Greece while it's Albanian land?

Sillni harta historike fiziko-politike-etnografike, që pasqyrojnë realitetin etnik dhe politik të një rajoni të caktuar, në një periudhë të caktuar.

Moderator: Hymniarber

albanstatenisland

Re: Why do we call it Greece while it's Albanian land?

Post by albanstatenisland » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:10 am

Due to poverty the greek propoganda machine has succeeded in propogandizing our nation, claiming our land as theirs, our country has a poor economy even though it is slowly getting out of it its will be a slow process, in the meantime the greeks use the helleneic excuse claiming to be decendants of the ancient hellenes, most honest non biased anthropologists will tell u that greeks are not hellenes, their skin tone hair and eyes do not match that of the ancient hellenes and also their heights, most ancient hellenes were similar to swedes with hair color skin tone and appearance, the majority of modern day greeks have olive skin tones, pitch black hair , dark eyes, its highly unlikely u could consider a people as such hellenic, this is a fact not an opinion

albanstatenisland

Post by albanstatenisland » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 am

not to mention the fact that in athens albanian was the dominant language spoken by the orthodox christian albanian arvanites, they used manipulative tactics and still do to assimilate the albanian population specifically the arvanites, i had an arvanites friend and he told me that in greece the teachers lied to him telling him the only language his ancestors spoke was greek the only gods his ancestors knew were greek gods,he was angry how they lied to him he was able to denounce his propoganda and kept his albanian indetity now fights for rights and isn't very fond of greeks, greeks are manipulators liars, foreign tourists could care less about politics and history so they just go and vacation there, but in reality greeks are murderers who massacered hundreds of thousand of albanians in chameria which they claim to call epirus, even ancient epirus was never greek soil, the greeks are a fabricated nation of assimilated nationalities no matter what they say, LOOKING FOR A GOOD LAWYER THAT CAN LIE go to greece best country for liars,murderers and thieves right up there with their macedonian and serbian brothers.

Socio
Star Member
Star Member

Post by Socio » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Faleminderit Alb !

Vereni titujt e bukur te kesaj harte te vjeter, te vitit 1600 - punuar nga Amstelodami

Larte - 'EPIRI, ATDHEU I PIRROS' !

Poshte - 'EPIRI, VETE SHQIPERIA SOT' !
One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:01 am

Mu në këtë Argos pellazgjik, popullsia neopellazge dmth Shqiptare është ruajtur gjër vonë në atë që të tjerët e quajtën arbitrarisht Greqi.
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:21 pm

The Balkans by Mark Mazower

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/ ... und263.png
Balkan Background by Bernard Newman page 262

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Albpelasgian, the following map deserves a place in this thread too.

It clearly shows that Albanians were enjoying some kind of autonomy in 1770, and ""Greece"" always missing, despite it's been called Graecia Pennisula.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:24 pm

faqe 198

nga libri i

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 pm

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:32 pm

In "Greece of the Hellenes" by Lucy M. J. Garnett on page 32 we read: "The Athenian women are neither beautiful nor well made; they have neither the physiognomy of French women, nor the full beauty of the Roman dames, nor the pale white delicacy of the Turkish women –one sees nothing in the town but ugly creatures with broad noses, flat feet and ill-formed waists. It is because Athens, twenty five years ago, was only an Albanian village. The Albanians formed and still form, almost the whole of the population of Attica; and within three leagues of the capital, villages are to be found where Greek is hardly understood. Athens has been rapidly peopled with men of all kinds and nations; that explains the ugliness of the Athenian type."

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 pm

“Nëse doni të zbuloni historinë para Krishtit dhe
shkencat e asaj kohe, duhet të studioni gjuhën shqipe !"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz - albanolog, matematicient, filozof gjerman

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:14 am

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:04 am

Vazhdim,

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 am

Arber falemnderit per materialet! Vazhdo me te tilla!

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 am

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:58 am

Prej te njejtit liber:
CHAPTER II.

1 Population of Greece—The Hellenes of the present are not SlaYs—Fanariotes —Palikars—Islanders—National costume.

The population of Greece is about nine hundred and fifty thousand inhabitants. We have Departments more populous than this kingdom.

The Greek race composes the great majority of the nation. This is a truth which it has been attempted to discredit. According to a certain parodoxical school, there are no more Greeks in Greece—all the population is Albanian, that is to say, Slav.* It is not difficult to see the tendency of such a doctrine, which changes the sons of Aristides into fellowcitizens of the Emperor Nicholas.

But it is enough to have eyes to be able to distinguish the Greeks—a slim and delicate race—from the coarse Albanians. The Greek race has very little degenerated, and those tall young men with a slender waist, oval face, quick eye, and ready wit, who fill the streets of Athens, are surely of the family that furnished models to Phidias.

It is true that the War of Independence has destroyed the greater part of the population. Since Greece has become free, she has been re-peopled,—but by the accession of Greek families.

* The Albanians are in no way related to the Slavs. Their language is a separate one, distinct on the one side from the Slav, on the other from the Greek.—Tr.

Some came from Constantinople, and that famous quarter, the Fanar, which has so long had a hand in the affairs of Turkey. It is known that part of the Byzantine nobility remained at Constantinople after the conquest of the town by Mahommed II. More learned and clever than the Turks, these Greeks, some of whom were of the Imperial lineage, undertook to regain by stratagem all that the force of arms had deprived them of. They became the interpreters, the secretaries, the advisers of the Sultans; and, modestly concealed in subordinate positions, they had the talent of leading their masters. More than one raised himself to the rank of hospodar—that is, of governor of a province; those who did not reach so high, consoled themselves by getting rich. They reckon about fifty thousand Greeks in Fanar who wait for the restoration of the Byzantine empire, and do a good business in the meanwhile.

After the War of Independence, when a Greek country arose, several Fanariot families came and established themselves around the king. What drew them thither, was first independence, and perhaps as much the creation of a court, whose principal offices they hoped to fill.* The first families of Athens, the Morousi, the Sontzo, the Mavrocordatos, the Argyropoulos, &c., are Fanariot families.

It was also after the War of Independence that a great number of the Greeks from the north, the best of those mountaineers who had begun the revolt, tore themselves from their

* For a description of the Fanariot system, see Zalloni's Essai sur lei Fanariotet: Marseilles, 1824. He concludes with the following words, p. 341:—" Mais je ne cessera de dire aux Grecs : mgfiez vous des Fanariotea: ce n'est point parmi eux que vous trouverez un appui d6.-»interess<3 et encore moins un monarque Equitable ; et si Vous en doutez, consultez les Valdagne* et les Moldaves, si longtemps gprouvgs par eux ; demandez-leur ou sont led bienfaits qu'ila ont recueillis de leur administration, et s'ils avaient une couroune & offrir, si c'eat au Fanar ou ils choisiraient une tgte pour la porter ?"

M. Zalloni had good opportunities of studying the F.inariotes, having been doctor of Yussuf Pasha, the Grand Vizir, and of several Fanariot hospodars.—2V.

THE PAL1KARS. 29

native country, which diplomacy had left in the hands of the Turks, and established themselves in that kingdom which they had founded at the expense of their blood. These mountaineers, these former chiefs of rebels and robbers (for brigandage was one of the forms of war), have brought into Athens the strange usages of their country. With the other chiefs, who formerly inhabited the Morea, they formed the most original and characteristic portion of the Greek people. They give to themselves the title of Palikars, that is to say, braves. They have remained faithful to the national dress, and wear proudly the red cap, the golden jacket, and the white skirt; they ride horses with Turkish saddle-cloths; they go out armed, followed by a tail of armed men. Their houses are rather like fortresses, and their servants, chosen from among old soldiers or their tenants, form a little army. They practise liberally a ruinous hospitality ; all the people who come up to Athens from their part of the country, are received at their houses, and find every night a place under a shed, and a piece of bread with something else for every meal. When they visit one another, they imitate the silent reserve of the Turks, talk little, smoke a great deal, and drink cups upon cups of coffee. They salute one another by placing the hand on the breast, say yes by inclining the head, and no by throwing it back. Their language is chequered with Turkish words, which makes it rather difficult to understand. Some of them can still speak Turkish ; the greater number can say a few words of Italian; not one of them knows French, and they pride themselves on their ignorance.

Their wives, without being positively shut up, go out little ; they are ignorant and shy in company, and always trembling before him whom they call their lord. They are ignorant of the use of stays, and wear the national cap.

The Fanariotes dress in the French fashions, and ride on English saddles. They speak a purified Greek; they know French, and often other languages; they resemble other European nations; their wives are ladies, who get their gowns from Paris.

In a hundred years there will be no more Palikars. Now the Greek race is, so to say, divided into two nations, of which one is imperceptibly melting away into the other ; the future is for the black coats.

Between the Palikars and the Fanariotes, but nearer to the latter, are the islanders ; they are all seamen or traders, generally both at once. They wear the red cap, with a particular fold, a short jacket, and the immense Turkish trowsers.

It is a fact worth observing, that the so-called national costume of the Greeks is borrowed either from the Turks or the Albanians. King Otho, to show his patriotism and to make himself popular, puts on on feast-days the dress of a small nation of Slavs; and the sailors of Hydra, to distinguish themselves from the barbarians of the West, adorn themselves with a Turkish costume.

All Greeks, of whatever condition or whatever origin, shave the beard and wear the moustache; they let their beard grow when in mourning. Dandies, who wear whiskers in the European fashion, are thought ill of by good citizens.

The Palikars think it good taste to pinch their waists immoderately. It is the men that wear stays; and as the Greek race is thin and nervous, as much as the Turkish race is heavy and powerful, when you see the people assembled in an open space, you can fancy yourself among the wasps of Aristophanes.

Here is, in a few words, the whole dress of an Athenian

Return to “Harta historike”