"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Why do we call it Greece while it's Albanian land?

Sillni harta historike fiziko-politike-etnografike, që pasqyrojnë realitetin etnik dhe politik të një rajoni të caktuar, në një periudhë të caktuar.

Moderator: Hymniarber

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Re: Why do we call it Greece while it's Albanian land?

Post by ALBPelasgian » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:03 am

Nje tjeter materialnga John Shea ne librin e tij "Macedonia and Greece: A Struggle for a New Balkan Nation"

Greeks as Albanians. Slavs were not the only groups to move into the southern part of the Balkan peninsula. Many Albanians came in also. Albanians settled in Athens, Corinth, Mani, Thessaly and even in the Aegean islands. In the early nineteenth century, the population of Athens was 24 percent Albanian, 32 percent Turkish, and only 44 percent Greek. The village of Marathon, scene of the great victory in 490 B.C., was, early in the nineteenth century, almost entirely Albanian."

Nicholas Hammond a historian who is sympathetic to the Greek view that the ancient Macedonians were a Greek tribe and who has had several works published in Athens, is unable to support the Greek view on this matter. He says that by the middle of the fourteenth and early fifteenth century the majority of people in the Peloponnese were Albanian speakers. The fascinating point is that the people with whom they were competing for land were overwhelmingly not the original Greek-speaking Roman citizens, but the new breed of Greek-speaking Slavs. As Hammond says, many Greek-speaking people at that point in time were probably ethnic Slavs.

The continuing impact of this new ethnic and cultural force is indicated in Hammond's comments that the Albanian incursions into Greece continued under the Turkish system and went on right into the eighteenth century, and that the descendants of these Albanian people were still speaking Albanian when he was in Greece in the 1930s. This is not a reflection on the national consciousness of these Greek citizens, for as Hammond explains, they thought of themselves as Greek. Indeed Hammond points out that the Albanian role in the resistance to the Turks, and in the formation of the Greek nation, was significant. Like the Slavs, the Albanians became attached to their new lands, learned the new language, and began to think of themselves as one with the other peoples living there.
Ne sot po hedhim faren me emrin Bashkim,
Qe neser te korrim frutin me emrin Bashkim!

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Kolokotronis the Albanian

“Nëse doni të zbuloni historinë para Krishtit dhe
shkencat e asaj kohe, duhet të studioni gjuhën shqipe !"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz - albanolog, matematicient, filozof gjerman

Zeus10
Grand Fighter Member
Grand Fighter Member

Post by Zeus10 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Falemnderit. Nga e njejta video dhe libra solla pasazhin e meposhtem, ku ne menyre te pakundershtueshme, ai cilesohet Albanian, qe kercen vallen kombetare(pyrrhic dance) Albanian, dhe qe natyrisht ishte pjese e nje rregjimenti Albanian.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Byron me veshje Shqitare
Fustanella,Tiran
Music of Epirus: UNESCO on Albanian Polyphonic Heritage
http:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSa1mZrBq1g

Image http://englishhistory.net/byron/images.html

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:17 am

“The Popular Science Monthly” - Edited by J. McKeen Cattell

VOLUME LXXV - JULY TO DECEMBER, 1909

“…The modern Greeks are largely of Slavic orgin. They are not the descendants of the ancient Greeks. That noble race, greatly mixed with barbarian blood during the middle ages, was almost completely destroyed in the course of the frequent uprisings against Turkish rule. Slavic immigrants gradually repopulated the country”

Greek Islands; an up to date travel"

By Anne Midget & Nelles Verlag

Page 44

"...The Koundouriotis family, which produced the first president of the Greek Republic, was Albanian, like many of Idra's settlers, who fled here from the Turks in the 15th century. Despite popular mistrust of the Albanians today in the face of a new wave of immigration, elements of Albania have penetrated Greek culture: the foustenella or kilt that's a part of the formal attire if Greek soldiers is based on the Albanian fighting gear, and is sometimes referred to as the "Albanian Kilt"

"A Handbook For Travellers in Greece"
By R G Watson

Page: 57

"..It has already been stated, that it will be the better travellers to make Athens their headquarters, but those who prefer to begin their journey on the mainland from Corfu, must procure their travelling equipage and hire a servant to act as a guide and interpreter. He should be able to speak Albanian as well as Greek"

FRAGMENTS OF DEATH FABLES OF IDENTITY.
An Athenian Anthropography

By Neni Panourgia

Page: 27

"..The Arvanites were already inhabiting Athens when the city became the capital of Greece in 1834. By that time the Arvanites had intermarried with the newcomers of Athens, and they continued to intermarry even afterward....Eventually they, like the Vlachs, ceased to be counted as a separate ethnic group - All this leads us to the pestering question of identity"

History of the Greek Revolution"
Volume 1 - 1861
G. Finlay

"The Albanian population occupies most of ancient Greece. Albanians now occupy all Attica and Megaris, Boetia and Locris. They occupy the whole ofCorinthia and Argolis, extending themselves into the northern part of Ardadia and eastern Archaia."
This is what religion does to u, it makes u lose ur blood and mix it with dirty one.

Edhe kjo video ka të bëjë me këtë , pse jo :) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0159345071#

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 am

Published by M. Carey, 1817
Item notes: v. 2
Original from the New York Public Library

http://books.google.com/books?id=IUMCAA ... q=&f=false

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Kam shtene ne dore nje liber te rendesishem qe flet mbi 'helenizmin' e popullsive ortodokse ne Ballkan. Kete 'Helenizim' autori e quan me shume 'kulturor':
For non-ethnic Greeks who aspired to join the Balkan Orthodox middle class, acculturation into the Greek ethnie was the best way to achieve their social elevation. In Belgrade, for example, Serbs were dressed in the Greek style and the Belgrade newspaper included the rubric Grecia (Greece). Also, in Southern Albania many Orthodox Albanians and Vlachs were hellenized during the eighteeth and nineteenth centuries. In Romania during the eighteenth century the Greek influence was so strong that Greek had become the language of the court. Even in 1840, 28 out of 117 private schools in Wallachia were Grecophone. The Greek language became a form of ‘cultural capital’ for many non-ethnic Greeks, offering them prestige and upward social mobility.Among Romanians and Bulgarians, many European books were avaiable only in Greek translation while, until 1821, Greek books could circulate more freely in the principialities than in mainland Greece due to restrictions imposed by the clergy or the Porte.
In spte of the predominance of Greek as the language of Christian Orthodox culture and education, occasionally a form of cultural hybridity emerged as for example in a number of Albanian-language documents (translations of Orthodox religious literature, dictionaries and grammatical notes on the Albanian language) written in Greek script during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. This phenomenon developed due to the fact that the Orthodox church (in contrast to the Catholic one) ‘was never to be convinced of the utility of writing in the vernacular as a means of converting the masses’. It was not only Christian Albanians who wrote in Greek and Greek script but even Muslim Albanians, such as Hadji Sechretis who wrote his Alipasias (Alipashiad) in Greek, considering it a more prestigous language in which to praise his master, Ali Pasha of Ioannina.
The shared Orthodox culture of the Balkans during the eighteenth century was promoted and sustained first through the network of higher schools, mainly theological, in Southeastern Europe whoe language of study was Greek and secondly through the widespread use of Greek as a lingua franca among merchants. The impressive growth of commerce in the course of the eighteenth century produced the phenomenon of the ‘conquering Balkan Orthodox merchant’ as has been defined by Traian Stoianovich in his classic article.
(~Greece and the Balkans: identities, perceptions and cultural encounters ...
By Dēmētrēs Tziovas, 2003, page 4-5)
http://books.google.com/books?id=RjGidY ... &q=&f=true

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

p.s. nëse është postimi i njëjt edhe tjeter faqe i postuar , lirisht mundeni ta fshini ..
Më ka ndodh e njëjta disa her :)

beyond your dreams

Post by beyond your dreams » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:09 am

I've been reading all this great stuff in here. It's amazing and they are all facts, real facts no doubt about it. I just don't understand why having all these facts that do exist, how come nobody does anything about it? I mean in government level? Or forget about government, how about scientist, and historians! How can bloody Greeks ( geeks) dare to be so arrogant and racist when they are simple gypsies, how dare they pretend to be something they are mos certainly not!
I happened to read once about some genetic studies that were conducted in UK and it said that: " ancient Greeks were tall, blond, had fair skin and straight noses ( that's where it comes from the Greek nose saying), whereas nowadays Greeks are: short, have small foreheads, have a very dark skin, flat noses and are extremely ugly comparing with Hellenic's they so love to identify themselves with.
There is no doubt that ancient Greeks were an lllyrian tribe.

I would like also to suggest, to visit Greek web sites and post all these stuff that was posted in here. They sure need to wake up those bloody morons.

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Ne vitin 1923 sjellin 2 milion njerëz nga Azia e vogel , ndoshta atëher 50% e gjithë popullsis ne Greqi , në të njëjtën kohë fillon spastrimi etnik ndaj Qamëve .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqsgyrW ... r_embedded
http://www.top.al/blog/6051

Academic dictionaries and encyclopedias
Population exchange between Greece and Turkey

The 1923 population exchange between Greece and Turkey is the first large-scale population exchange, or agreed mutual expulsion in the 20th century. It involved some two million people, most of them forcibly made refugees and "de jure" denaturalized from homelands of centuries or millennia, in a treaty promoted and overseen by the international community as part of the Treaty of Lausanne Fact|date=October 2008. The document about the population exchange was signed at Lausanne, Switzerland in 1923, between the governments of Greece and Turkey. The exchange took place between Turkish citizens of the Greek Orthodox religion established in Turkish territory, and of Greek citizens of the Muslim religion established in Greek territory.

Displacements

In Greece this was called the "Asia Minor Catastrophe" ( _el. Μικρασιατική καταστροφή).Significant refugee displacement and movement occurred in the upheaval following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire and its evolution into modern Turkey, especially following the Balkan Wars, World War I, and the Greco-Turkish war (1919-1922), which was part of the Turkish War for Independence. These included exchanges and expulsion of about 100,000 Slavs and BulgariansFact|date=October 2008 and 500,000 Turks from Greece.

The Treaty of Lausanne affected the populations as follows Fact|date=October 2008: almost all Greek Orthodox Christians (Greek- or Turkish-speaking) of Asia Minor including a Turkish-speaking Greek Orthodox population from middle Anatolia (Karamanlides), the Ionia region (e.g. Smyrna, Aivali), the Pontus region (e.g. Trapezunda, Sampsunta), Prusa (Bursa), the Bithynia region (e.g., Nicomedia (İzmit), Chalcedon (Kadıköy), East Thrace, and other regions were either expelled or formally denaturalized from Turkish territory, numbering up to 1.2 million people. About 500,000 people were expelled from Greece, predominantly Turks, but including other Muslims, Muslim Roma, Pomaks, Cham Albanians, and Megleno-Romanians.

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/1881938

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:46 am

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Materiali qe po sjell shpalos nje dimension goxha te rendesishem sesi Shqiptaret e ishujve Spetsai dhe Hidra e kane ruajtur ne memorien kolektive te qenurit pasardhes te grekeve te lashte, per shkak se edhe ne kohen e Revolucionit, ata i stolisnin anijet me skulptura te grekeve te lashte, qe do te thote se ata kishin ndergjgjegje te te qenurit pasardhes te Grekeve te lashte.

Ndryshe, ndodh me 'bizantinet rume' qe s'kishin kurrfare ndergjegjje per te kaluaren. Kete e ilustron:

Arbëri
Universe Member
Universe Member

Post by Arbëri » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 am

1.Shifet që ska lidhje kjo gjuhë e sotme greke me atë të vjetrën , nga doli pra kjo gjuhë , a ekzistonte kjo gjuhë në ndonjë anë tjetër të botës ?
2.Kufijt e Maqedonisë së vjetër a përfshin edhe Maqedonin ( ILIRIDËN) ?
3.Vllehët , çka është puna tyre , përmenden disa herë ne kohërat e vjetra ?
Falëm...

ALBPelasgian
Galactic Member
Galactic Member

Post by ALBPelasgian » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Arbëri wrote:1.Shifet që ska lidhje kjo gjuhë e sotme greke me atë të vjetrën , nga doli pra kjo gjuhë , a ekzistonte kjo gjuhë në ndonjë anë tjetër të botës ?
2.Kufijt e Maqedonisë së vjetër a përfshin edhe Maqedonin ( ILIRIDËN) ?
3.Vllehët , çka është puna tyre , përmenden disa herë ne kohërat e vjetra ?
Falëm...
Per pyetjen e pare, mund te te jape nje pergjigjje Zeus10, por edhe Alfeko. Nderkaq, une mund te te jap nje pergjigjje te sakte sa i perket pyetjes tende te dyte.
Mos ma shih si jomodesti, une jam njohes goxha i mire i kacafytjes Greqi-SllavoMaqedoni per ceshtjen e emrit te Maqedonise. Di mire 'argumentat' e seciles pale dhe te metat serioze te propagandes se te dyja paleve. Mirepo, nje nga 'argumentat' me te shpeshte te Propagandes Greke qe s'qendron per mendimin tim eshte se Maqedonia e sotme s'ka te beje gjeografikisht me ate te lashten, sepse kufiri i se lashtes Maqedoni perputhej me kufirin e Maqedonise se Egjeut, qe eshte sot nen Greqi. Mirepo, shqiptaresia e kesaj te fundes eshte zhdukur si pasoje e fashizmit te shtetit grek i cili i ka perzene dhe asimiluar Shqiptaret e Kosturit, Follorines dhe zonave perreth aty ku dikur ishte Maqedonia e Siperme ose e Lire.

Kjo nuk qendron! Perse?

1) Thuajse gjithe pjesa ne jug te Shkupit e Kercoves e Velesit, njihej si Maqedoni, perderisa ne periudhen romake pikerisht ne keto ane u formua provinca e Macedonia Salutaris, ose Maqedonia e Dyte.

Pra, sikunder nuk ben qe te kufizohet Maqedonia e Lashte ne Maqedonine e Sotme, nuk ben te kufizohet Maqedonia e Lashte me Maqedonine e Sotme te Egjeut. Sepse nese i ndjekim pershkrimet e Demostenit, Strabonit dhe Paul Oroshit, nje pjese e konsiderueshme e Maqedonise perfshinte Shqiperine e Sotme Qendrore, prej nga ka rrjedhur ai emertimi qe besoj se e ke degjue: Iliria Maqedonike oe Maqedonia Ilirike. Mos harro se Ptolemeu ne shenimet e tij ALBANET dhe token e tyre e rendit brenda Maqedonise. Mirepo, kjo s'do me than kerqysh qe elementi Ilir duhet me u kufizue ne kete pjese. Perkundrazi, elementi Ilir ka ze 2/3 e siperfaqes se Maqedonise se Lashte, ai u kane i kudondodhur si ne FYROM ashtu edhe ne Maqedonine e Egjeut.

Return to “Harta historike”